Our members come in many flavors.
- Some are building personal data stores, repositories for holding personal data on behalf of users, serving as their infomediaries.
- Others run personal data ecosystem infrastructure, serving other developers through web services.
There’s lots of diversity in our membership:
- Some of our members are small, some large;
- Some are brand-new and others have been working for years;
- Some are open-source and public with APIs and code while others are building closed;
- Some are private while others are NGOs;
- Some offer general-purpose utilities while others are carefully niched and serve verticals.
Joining takes three steps.
- Apply. Fill out the form.
- Review. The Membership Committee will review your application. It takes about a week or so for review and approval.
- Approval. You’ll receive your welcome aboard packet.
It’s good to belong.
Ongoing, you’ll benefit from our ongoing PDEC programs and activities.
- Community. We host face-to-face events in Europe and North America. We hold membership conference calls and publish communiques and information notices for PDEC membership.
- Education. We publish white papers and hold seminars explaining the personal data economy to enterprises, investors, and entrepreneurs.
- Advocacy. We engage with government US and European initiatives like NSTIC to promote user-centric identity and personal control of personal data.
- Research. We research and share findings about personal data technology, business models, ecosystems, and social impact for our members and the public.
- Industry Support. We act as a resource for members. Need help finding the right person, support, outsource, or provider that understands Personal Data? PDEC can get the word out, or put you in touch with members or other professionals who fit the need.
Our “onramp” steps for new members includes
- Joining a members-only community. Your ecosystem backchannel.
- Directory listing. Visibility.
- Badges for your web site. The PDEC trustmark stands for personal control of personal data.
- Intake interview. Our staff better understands who you are and what you need, the better to make synergistic introductions within the community.
And membership is affordable. Apply now!
|Income / Revenue / Budget of organisation / Department / Business Unit||Standard Annual Fees Excl Taxes|
|Entreprenuer / Individual||$150|